Have you had the securities, which you trade through ETrade Securities, LLC., mismanaged and/or suddenly sold by E*Trade without your knowledge or consent and the proceeds used to offset their brokerage fees?
It has been reported that E*Trade engages in the following unfair trade practices:
- Applying fees for periods of non-trading without client notification
- View our unsuccessful lawsuit on this item here.
- Failure to execute options when asked by client
- Forcibly requiring clients to agree to fees by freezing their stocks and accounts
- Exercising options without client permission
- Liquidating stocks without client permission
- Possible manipulation of their own stock price
- Liquidating their ETINX, ETSPX, ETRUX, ETTIX mutual funds at the bottom of the market
- Imposing DRIP fees without client notification
- Violation of court orders instructing transactions
- Failure to refund money after account closings
If any of the above situations apply to you or you have been wronged by E*Trade in a way not mentioned above please register below.
Click here to view list of recent complaints.
Two more things you can do NOW:
- File a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- File a complaint with the New York Attorney General’s Office
Albany, NY 12224-0341
General Helpline: 1-800-771-7755
TDD/TTY Toll Free Line: 1-800-788-9898
or click here:
Investor Protection Bureau of the NY Attorney General
This office has been VERY effective in the past in investigating and taking action against financial institutions who engage in unfair trade practices.
Find your U.S. Senator or Representative below and write to them TODAY!
E*TRADE COMPLAINT SITES
Previous Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Suit Against E*Trade:
For “violating provisions of the federal securities laws and several conduct rules in place on the Chicago Stock Exchange (CHX)”